Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ironic Day

Today had it's fill of first for me which I will blog about later, but it was also a tad ironic.

A lady from the district came to observe me during English and not only interrupted my class but proceeded to begin teaching the class. Needless to say, I was QUITE offended and frustrated when she told me she did not think I was/am doing a good job but is not eloquent AT ALL in expressing these things.

But, then my principal wrote an e-mail to his boss and the head of special education about an issue. And, he copied me on the e-mail and said some of the NICEST, most affirming comments that proved that I am doing a good job. There is nothing like reaffirming words from your boss...

The shock to my SDC Teacher (me) would almost guarantee that this would be her last year at EOSA, another unbearable lost.

We currently have an amazing SDC program at our school anchored by a dedicated, passionate, and committed teacher, Ms. Searing. The success of the program and Ms. Searing's ability to create a rigorous learning environment has everything to do with her assistant. Our program has the largest case load of any SDC program in East Oakland. One of the reasons why we have so many students is because the SDC classroom is a learning environment that is safe and expects students to perform well academically. It works because the two of them work well together.


That is about all I need to keep a smile on my face and passion in my heart....

No comments: