Monday, June 6, 2011

No words to describe my heart...

Today was another day I will never forget....I am saddened, upset, frustrated and most of all determined to continue to show my students endless amounts of love and support...short story is that one of my students told me last week about a sexual assault and today I found out more details. This young person endured a very scary situation in which I am thankful they are alive, at least physically.
It reminded me yet again how crucial the work I am doing is...and how much trust this individual has in me that they would tell me, and only me (of course I had to report it)...

So because I am speechless, distraught, upset...I am going to turn it over to the sermon at my church this past weekend...

The series is called 'Honorology' and one of the main points is that we can elevate others with honor...


"Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." -Romans 12: 9-10

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. -Ephesians 4:29

I will continue to shower my students with honor...shower them with kindness-I just never know how far that can go...

Lots of love

No comments: