I will start the year with 19 students-6 of whom I have never met. I will be teaching 4 SDC classes, and one leadership elective class which I am excited about.
I feel confident in my teaching ability, but I also have something to prove. I am out to prove that I can impact student achievement in a BIG way. I can help students make HUGE gains in their reading, writing and math. Because if I am not, I am failing as their teacher....they need to make huge gains in order to be successful post-high school.
I know there is still a learning curve, but there are no more excuses. I can control what goes on in my classroom and that is what I plan to do.
Here's to 2011-2012 and what it brings...
1 comment:
I'm excited for you to start year #3 as a seasoned teacher now! You are so enthusiastic and passionate, and know you will do an awesome job. Love, your sis
Post a Comment