Friday, January 20, 2012

Consequences...

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night from a dream and I was crying. I was dreaming about one of my students and in it, my principal interrupted my class to tell me that he had committed suicide. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

Now, this is a student I CARE deeply about, but one whom I am so upset about. He was caught using a teacher's credit card twice-he stole it out of her wallet. I caught him the 2nd time in my classroom. He lied to me about it. He has been suspended for a few days and comes back today-I am not sure the outcome, but I do know the police will be involved.

I just want him to learn and move on from his poor choices. I also want him to graduate in June and have a plan in place for his future so he can live a life he is proud of. He has come a long way and can have an amazing future but he must make it for himself.

Hoping that consequences send a strong message and get this young man back on the right path.

No comments: