Well, I might have seen a slight glimmer of hope but I don't want to speak TOO soon. I actually enjoyed myself this week at work, for the first time. I enjoyed teaching, we had fun, my students took 2 tests and did pretty well. And I only had to kick out 2 students ALL week. Maybe, just maybe my consistency is paying off...but again, don't want to speak too soon. Today, we had a day off and it was SO nice to be able to work in the classroom for a few hours because I haven't done much work since school began and I got to update things and get it cleaned up.
We have Back to School Night next Thursday evening where we have a pot luck (teachers have to bring a dish) and we hand out report cards (1st grading period) and we meet with parents...typically not very many come, but we will see. I also got put in charge of Homecoming for the football team...I have NO time to do any of this but I am going to try and make it fun. I am trying to coordinate a parade, similar to what we did at USC for each of the grades to compete against each other with a golf cart.
But my students and I built balloon towers yesterday in class. The males competed against the females and the males ended up winning by 2 inches. It was SO much fun! And finally the first GREAT bonding experience between all my students. AND another HUGE step was that I had kids read aloud in English class. I usually can only convince two students to read aloud but yesterday I used a new strategy and got all but two kids to read aloud...it was a BIG step!
But alas, this weekend I will be working on putting together lesson plans for next week and completing IEPS. Let's see how next week goes...hopefully more teaching and less babysitting
No comments:
Post a Comment