Sunday, August 29, 2010

Memory # 1 from 2010-2011

In order to capture the true essence of my experience, I plan to post "moments" that captured my heart....

I have already had my 1st one----

This year I moved classrooms from a portable to the school hallways. I am thrilled to be inside the building and to build on school culture around special education. But, I was not looking forward to the moving process as I do have quite a lot of stuff (thanks to my Mom).

The day I was moving everything, Lamont was on campus to register with his Aunt. Lamont and I spent about 10 minutes catching up about summer and he was asking me questions about the upcoming school year. I asked him if he wanted to help me move and he spent the next 3 hours helping me lift boxes and furniture into and out of my car. During that time, we were able to further develop our relationship and I will forever cherish Lamont's generosity and effort.

1 comment:

Christinaq said...

What a great unexpected act by one of your students...he's obviously excited you are back!