Well, it's August 12th and I officially have 18 days until the start of the school year. It will be my 2nd year teaching many of the same students at the same school and I am both excited yet nervous.
I have tried to do some deep thinking over summer about changes I want to make to both make me a more effective teacher, but also make my classroom a better place to be for the students. I am excited to implement some of these changes and see the effects that they will have.
I am proud to say I have long term plans for the 3 subjects I am teaching-English, History and Math and hope that it will make a big difference in my teaching as well as my students learning.
I am also STOKED because the district is providing a reading program and a math program for my classroom....yes, it is scripted and may be a bit dry but it is proven to work and I cannot wait to see the results of it. I plan to supplement the program with my teaching to make a HUGE impact.
I should have at least 8, if not 10 students returning from last year and plan on having another 6-8 new students. I think that this will have a big impact on behavior since the returning students know what to expect from me and what is acceptable behavior in the classroom.
Needless to say, I have had a very relaxing and rejuvenating summer and am gearing up physically and emotionally to be the best 2nd year teacher I can....
Here's to August 30th and seeing the old and new students...
2 comments:
Good Luck Katherine! I will be checking your blog to see how year 2 is going.....you are quite the teacher and writer! I have really enjoyed your blog, and reflection of your first year as a teacher.
Love.
Aunt Betty
That a girl sister. You are going to have a great 2nd year. I just know it. Love, your sis
Post a Comment