Wednesday, March 24, 2010

0% of my students passed the CAHSEE

I am trying not to take it too personally or get down about my teaching but so far, 0% of the students have passed the CAHSEE (California Exit Exam) from my class. Now, I know I have only been there since August and some of these English and Math skills can't be built that quickly but it was extremely hard to tell 2 of my girls that they didn't pass. And the reality is none of my students are EVEN close to passing.

I know that the English portion will be hard for 99% of my students since none of them are reading at the grade level that the test is administered at. But, in math I thought that 2-3 of my students would be close to passing if they didn't pass. And everyday in math I teach to the CAHSEE standards....

So, I will persevere and teach better, more efficiently so that my students CAN pass the CAHSEE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad about your students not passing the CAHSEE. I know what its like to be in your shoes; it's tough. One program that I've seen work pretty well for the CAHSEE is offered over at this website: http://www.aceyourexitexam.com/ You may want to look into that as a way to help get some of your students over the hump. Good luck!