Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's all about Learning...

I had a really good day at school today. The students were willing to work hard, engage in the material and I had well prepared, engaging lessons. I love that I can connect with my students so much easier than last year-we can have fun, but also get stuff done.

But, during History today I reminded myself of the dire reality-these students CANNOT afford to lose a day of their education. They MUST take advantage of every moment in school and every moment out of school in order to even attempt to catch up on their reading and math levels.

I want to teach them how to read. It is all about their learning...and once they see progress, they will engage in the process EVEN more....

I have to learn to teach reading-it is necessary. I see hope in my students as do others around the school and we have to be able to provide the resources and instruction to raise their reading level.

Time to get busy. Time to work hard. Time to inspire change.

No comments: